Business Disputes And Litigation
For more than 30 years, Dana J. Watts, Attorney at Law, has represented individuals and businesses throughout Florida with all of their business litigation needs. As a Board-Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, Dana Watts has more than three decades of trial experience. He is known for his ability to absorb complex information and develop creative strategies that enable his clients to achieve their goals.
Dana Watts can successfully litigate complex business disputes involving:
- Breach of contract — construction: If your contractor has failed to perform his duties satisfactorily, or if you have been accused unfairly of poor work, Dana J. Watts can help.
- Noncompete and nonsolicitation: Even if you have already signed your noncompete/nonsolicitation agreement, it may be unenforceable or you may have a defense available. We can also guide you if you are an employer drafting such agreements.
- Landlord-tenant disputes: Save yourself a hassle down the line. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, come to us for a thorough review of any enforceability issues in the lease document.
- Complex litigation: Dana J. Watts can handle your litigation needs, no matter the circumstances.
- Contract disputes: You are entitled to recover any direct and even indirect profits you lost due to another party’s unreasonable breach of contract. We represent individuals and businesses throughout Florida.
- Construction defects: Whether you are a developer, a contractor or a subcontractor, claims of construction defects can seriously undermine your business. Call us for assistance in reaching an optimal resolution.
- Construction liens: A construction lien can be claimed against private property for work performed or materials supplied on that property. Whether you are the contractor, subcontractor or property owner, Dana J. Watts can protect your rights.
- Real estate litigation: At any stage of the process, Dana J. Watts helps buyers, sellers and developers with their real estate litigation needs arising from a failure to disclose defects, environmental concerns and/or other circumstances.
- Shareholder disputes and partner disputes: In the event of shareholder or partner disputes due to an ethical violation or breach of duty, Dana J. Watts can provide you with the legal counsel you need, taking your case to trial if necessary.
- Business dissolutions: When your business is coming to an end, you need an attorney with a wealth of experience to advise you on your assets and deal with any creditor claims. Contact Dana J. Watts today to schedule your consultation.
Dana Watts takes pride in resolving complex business disputes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. As an experienced and aggressive trial attorney, he will not hesitate to take your case to trial to ensure that you obtain the best possible results. He is also a skilled negotiator, committed to helping you preserve important and lucrative business relationships. He will fight for your rights so you can focus on running your business.
If you are thinking about starting a business, working upfront with a Bradenton, Venice and Sarasota attorney for business disputes and litigation can save you significant expense and hassle down the road. Dana Watts will advise you on the structure of your business and help you create contracts that eliminate the need for future litigation.
Contact A Sarasota And Venice Business Litigation Attorney
To schedule a consultation with Dana J. Watts, contact us online or call 941-404-7053 or 800-599-3181. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Sarasota. After-hours appointments are available by special arrangement.
Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
Dana Watts is a board certified civil trial lawyer by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization with more than 30 years of litigation experience. He also received an AV* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Learn More
Contact Our Firm
Sarasota Law Office Map