Construction And Business Law
At the law office of Dana J. Watts, Attorney at Law, we protect the rights and interests of individuals and businesses in Sarasota, in Bradenton, in Lakewood Ranch and throughout Florida. Our firm’s founding attorney, Mr. Watts, has been a certified mediator since 1991 and has more than 30 years of total experience in complex civil litigation matters. Dana J. Watts has the knowledge and skill to help you resolve your issues quickly and cost-effectively.
We can help you with your construction law needs, including:
- Breach of contract: Dana J. Watts effectively represents plaintiffs and defendants in breach of contract claims.
- Construction disputes: Dana J. Watts can help you avoid delays and resolve your dispute, always striving to maintain your long-term business relationships when possible.
- Construction mediation: Mediation can often be the most cost-effective and least stressful form of dispute resolution. Whether it is court-ordered or voluntary, it can be a tremendous tool.
- Filing a construction lien: If you are a contractor, subcontractor or material supplier, don’t miss your window to file and enforce your lien for lack of payment. If you are an owner, Dana Watts can help you put forth your best defense.
- Improper construction design: For a wide range of construction defect issues, such as the use of inferior materials or the installation of substandard plumbing, call Dana J. Watts and use his experience and knowledge to your advantage.
Let Dana J. Watts Be Your Advocate For All Of Your Business Law Needs
Dana Watts is a Board-Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education and is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. You can count on Mr. Watts for aggressive and tireless representation for the following issues, among many others:
- Business litigation: Click here for a brief overview of Dana J. Watts’ business litigation practice.
- Commercial lease reviews: To ensure your business’ best interests are reflected in your commercial lease agreement, it is wise to have a qualified attorney review and assess it before you sign.
- Confidentiality or noncompete agreements: A company has a right to preserve its proprietary information, but the terms of any agreement need to be reasonable, including the scope and length of the restrictions. Don’t sign before consulting with an attorney.
- Partner disputes: If a business conflict over assets or management does arise, including issues of takeovers, joint ventures and questions of director liability, you can count on Dana J. Watts’ three decades of experience.
- Real estate: Knowing your rights as a purchaser is crucial before concluding any real estate transaction. Our firm can guide you through complex real estate issues, such as distressed titles, property liens and zoning questions. You must read and understand your contractual rights before you sign.
Dana Watts will review the facts of your case and develop creative and effective legal strategies designed to help you meet your objectives. He is not afraid to take your case to trial to protect your rights and interests.
As a sole proprietor, he works directly with clients, providing them with the personalized, hands-on attention they deserve. He will personally handle every aspect of your business dispute, ensuring that you obtain an exceptional resolution. Our clients can expect to receive the high quality of representation found at large firms, with the service and prices of a small firm.
Contact A Bradenton And Lakewood Ranch Litigation Attorney
If you need a Venice, Lakewood Ranch or Sarasota construction and business law attorney, contact Dana J. Watts online or call 941-404-7053 or 800-599-3181. After-hours appointments are available by special arrangement.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
Dana Watts is a board certified civil trial lawyer by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization with more than 30 years of litigation experience. He also received an AV* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Learn More
Contact Our Firm
Sarasota Law Office Map